Finland Sales Tax VAT
The Sales Tax Rate in Finland stands at 24 percent. Sales Tax Rate in Finland averaged 22.79 percent from 2000 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 24 percent in 2013 and a record low of 22 percent in 2001
If a company not established in Finland is providing ‘taxable supplies’ of goods or services in Finland, it may have to obtain a non-resident VAT registration. In accordance with the EU VAT Directive, foreign traders are legally obligated to register for VAT in certain circumstances in order to report taxable transactions and declare VAT that must be charged.
- In most cases the standard VAT is 24%.
- There are reduced rates of VAT of 14% charged on food restaurants and catering and a super reduced rate of 10% charged on public transport services, books ,minor repairs and medicines.
- VAT is charged on assets and services in Finland as well as on imports into Finland.
- VAT returns are made monthly, the payment being due on the 15th of the month after the month of the report.
- There is an obligation to report to VAT authorities when the annual turnover is in excess of EURO 10,000.
If you wish to apply for Sales Tax in Finland, please register in the form below the reasons for needing sales tax VAT in Finland or send us an email.